Wednesday, March 01, 2017

It's hard to please everyone in my house at #dinner time. I'm a carb avoiding #vegetarian who loves lots of #veggies, #herbs and anything #spicy. Zak will eat anything. Maddie proclaimes to be a vegetarian when she feels like it. Brooke loves red meat and every carb she's ever met. I'm happy to report that today's #Vegan Pho dinner was a hit BECAUSE everyone could get what they wanted (except meat!)! My cooking style is to browse #recipes and just make up my own meal as I go. I rarely follow anything exactly as written. Amanda's Vegan Pho: 1 diced shallot 1 clove of garlic 1/4 jalapeño 1 tsp of Garam Masala (google it) 1 tbs of peanut oil (or coconut or olive) 5 whole cloves Sauté until softened (my goal was to build flavor) Add: 2 cartons of vegetable broth (or Trader Joe's Miso soup) Simmer for however long you want. Prepare @thugkitchen baked #tofu. Don't wing this part! Traditional Pho recipes call for plain firm tofu, but I find that boring. Do what you like. Raw veggies & herbs: Basil leaves Cilantro 1/4 chopped jalapeño Diced Mushrooms Carrots Bean sprouts are my favorite ingredient in Pho, but my grocery store was out 😳 so I improvised with packaged #broccoli slaw. The goal is a crunch! Add rice #noodles to simmering pot for 2 mins Prepare bowls: Layer raw veggies of your choice, herbs, noodles, broth, chopped baked tofu Add: #soy sauce and #Sriracha and squeeze of lime to taste Make your picky family happy. 😉 #girls


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2leCbbl

No comments: