Wednesday, December 19, 2012
They did really well, and had a blast. We made custom pizzas, decorated flip flops with fabric remnants baked a cookie cake (huge hit!), and opened presents.
There were also lots of other random made up games that the girls played, along with tons of high pitched squealing noises which were like fingernails on a chalkboard to Zak and I.
Sadly, I couldn't out drink the volume (you know, I had to be responsible) and had to just tolerate the noise levels in the house.
I put them all to bed around 10pm (which is two hours late for Maddie and Brooke), and had to go in there a few times to shush them. By midnight, I assumed they were all asleep. However, I heard them playing at 4:30am, and had to go in there and crack some skulls.
I made French Toast, eggs, and donuts for breakfast. The glorious parents of these angels picked them all up by 9:00 am and peace once again returned to our house.
Happy Birthday, Madison!!
Posted by Amanda at 12:52 PM
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
Maddie was an Elf in her Second Grade School Play. Look how cute!!
Here she is on stage with about a third of the 2nd graders all dressed in various costumes:
Madison had one speaking line, which she practiced for WEEKS.
"Even birds can't do everything, see that little one, he can't even sing!"
Posted by Amanda at 2:27 PM
Friday, November 30, 2012
I'm not sure if Twitter is going to keep all my tweets forever and ever. Because they are often little snippets about my very glamorous and exciting daily life (and aren't good enough stories to make a blog post) with my family, I will preserve them on this blog monthly.
- At the gym running on my lunch break. Pure torture! Nov 28, 2012
- thanks @annbres ! I never thought I'd write a novel, but an idea popped into my head and the story told itself. Nov 25, 2012
- I did it. I wrote a novel in less than a month @NaNoWriMo! 53,245 words and counting! My story is still going, and I'm still writing. Nov 25, 2012
- Nothing makes me want to poke out my ear drums more than a road trip with 2 cranky and ungrateful kids. Nov 24, 2012
- Family + (lots of ) Wine = Perfect Thanksgiving Nov 22, 2012
- Get it! Get it! Just ran my own Turkey Trot 5k at the gym. Does that count? Nov 22, 2012
- I have the biggest crush on @oatmeal! Is that allowed since I don't know him in real life? Nov 22, 2012
- RT @peta: 10 things you can do with #Thanksgiving stuffing that don't involve a bird's butt! PHOTO: http://t.co/c5HqWTzf Nov 22, 2012
- Get the new Phillip @Phillips album, The World from the Side of the Moon! My fav song is Gone, Gone, Gone. Love his sound! Nov 21, 2012
- I just introduced Brooke to her first Port-a-potty experience. She's not impressed, and refused to go. Nov 20, 2012
- RT @greenvegetarian: Great article in the San Antonio Business Journal about our upcoming move to the The Historic Pearl Brewery.... htt ... Nov 20, 2012
- Sitting on my back patio working, and my neighbor walks out, shirtless with a GUN. He doesn't see me, and shoots a squirrel. #onlyinTexas Nov 20, 2012
- I am Katniss! http://t.co/XwJ3IDV4 Nov 19, 2012
- wine, wine, wine, so fine, fine, fine. Nov 10, 2012
- Told Brooke (5) that we were going to a neighbors house to celebrate Obama's election, "WILL OBAMA BE THERE? I WANT U TO TAKE OUR PICTURE!" Nov 10, 2012
- I'm writing a book, but I don't want you to ask me about it. #NaNoWriMo Nov 10, 2012
- @daveabdel you really should be tweeting what you're putting on FB because it's all awesome. Nov 07, 2012
- RT @BarackObama: Four more years. http://t.co/bAJE6Vom Nov 07, 2012
- "Think with your head and your vagina." A letter to my daughters about today's election. http://t.co/tBEAwRrg Nov 06, 2012
- We're fired up, voting, and working to turn Texas BLUE! RT @TXDemParty: Texas Dems are FIRED UP! Nov 06, 2012
- Just told my 5yo that women and minorities used to not have the right to vote. "That's NOT FAIR! " (see also FL and OH) #vote Nov 06, 2012
- Oh, trust me....@davidbuergler, I pay for that oil, then I use the leftovers to fry the tofu bacon. Nov 05, 2012
- RT @SarcasticRover: Curiosity is a girl: I get paid less than male rovers, judged on my looks, and men don't take me seriously as a scie ... Nov 05, 2012
- I'm afraid to steal candy from my oldest's Halloween stash because I think she takes inventory every night. The little one hid her candy. Nov 02, 2012
- All signs from the universe today point to: WAIT, SLOW DOWN, PATIENCE. Ugh, that's so annoying. Nov 01, 2012
- RT @rainnwilson: Its global warming, stupid. http://t.co/8P53Merl Nov 01, 2012
- Halloween on a school night is a cruel concept. I propose Halloween's moved to the last Saturday of October. Who's with me?!? Nov 01, 2012