Sunday, December 18, 2011

Guess who's SEVEN?


 This year for Madison's SEVENTH birthday, she told me she wanted to get season tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas for the family instead of a birthday party. Perhaps it was just me who made that suggestion, but we got the season tickets. A few days after her first trip to Fiesta Texas she said she wanted a party.

So, we had a little get together of 1st graders at the movies and saw The Muppets.

As the Birthday Girl, Maddie was allowed to go into the "projector room" and see all of her friends walk into the theater and press the button to start the movie.  Zak took the girls up there and commented that there are no longer actual projectors..  (On a funny note, Zak is completely and totally incapable of taking a picture with the SLR camera--on any setting--that is NOT blurry.)

We had reserved seats at the theater!  The girls were all very well behaved despite the fact that there were no parents with us.  I'm not sure what kinda crazy pill I took when I made the decision to have it be "kids only," but
it turned out just fine without the parents. 

Maddie is seven, and I know I say it every year, but I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! (You know what's different about this year? She's TALL, like really tall.  Also, she's nearly smarter than I am).




No comments: