Monday, October 31, 2011

Tweet! Tweet! October 2011

I'm not sure if Twitter is going to keep all my tweets forever and ever. Because they are often little snippets about my very glamorous and exciting daily life (and aren't good enough stories to make a blog post) with my family, I will preserve them on this blog monthly.


Amanda_V
Can I pick up my kid from church day care looking like this?
31 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Every parent is so happy Halloween is on a school day so we don't have to hear, "Is it dark yet?" every minute. My sympathies to teachers.
31 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

TIME.com
The McRib contains a flour-bleaching agent found in gym mats & shoes that's banned in Europe & Australia
27 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
Turned an ordinary family outing into a science lesson.
31 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Chupaaaccccaaabrrraa! RT My kids just saw the school nurse at the mall wearing shorts. It's like a chupacabra sighting.
30 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
It's snowing in the NE? My tomato and pepper plants are JUST NOW producing (thx to the hot 'n dry TX summer).
30 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Phone book arrived today. Had to explain to my confused kids what it was used for in the old days before computers and smart phones.
30 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Wish there was water in the lake. 's boat is currently being used as a jungle gym.
30 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Bonfire with my girls at the lake (no marshmallows tonight), and we can clearly see Jupiter! I think they'd rather see planet S'Mores.
29 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Guy from Galveston making Texas organic sake kura. First organic Sake in N. America! RT : Pure Texas Saké
28 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
A legit cuban woman just offered me homemade beans and rice, and I had to turn her down b/c it had meat in it. (not always easy)
28 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
The weekly plan looks delish and super easy! Hope my meat eating hubby will enjoy the baked tofu.
28 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Linda
Am I supposed to be in favor of the Scholastic book fair? Because all I can think is OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WANT *MORE* MONEY FROM ME.
27 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
My 4 year old daughter, Brooke, lost her SECOND tooth today!
27 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Geometry in 1st grade? No, she just decided geometric shapes are interesting.
26 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
New Children's Museum for San Antonio! $20 mil personal donation from leader & philanthropist Charles Butt.
26 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Worried if gets Siri on his iPhone, then he will no longer need ME!
25 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Edudemic
How do we prepare students for jobs that don't exist yet?
25 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
Where is the glass of whiskey? RT Herman Cain Produces Best/Worst Campaign Ad Ever
24 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
"Guilt is a top limiter of success for women. It's like putting one foot on the gas and one on the brake while driving." -Karen Buckley
24 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I put on Off!, but ended up with several mosquito bites on the soles of my feet. So, they literally waited until my sandal slightly moved?
24 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Dan Rockwell
RT : A person who is nice to you, but is not nice to the waiter, is not a nice person.
22 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
Picture day was a great success, but our photographer was 40 min late. Hoping pics turned out great!
22 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
We may be the same person! First, freckles, now shared hate for The Beatles? RT I change the radio when the Beatles come on.
20 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Kelley
I change the radio when the Beatles come on. Go ahead & call the sniper.
20 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
I have lotsa freckles, & try everything to fade them. What do YOU think about freckles? Hot or not?
17 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Publishers Weekly
Amazon Signs Up Authors, Writing Publishers Out of Deal; “It’s an old strategy: divide and conquer" says Richard Curtis
16 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Sea Shepherd
'Whale Wars' to continue in the Southern Ocean
16 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
Went to a Beer Festival today, and got a 10oz cup and TEN tix for beer. Seriously, that's A LOT of beer. We had fun watching the drunks!
15 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I want this: ClamCase iPad Keyboard Case - Black
13 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Just installed iOS 5. It's pretty, but cranky. Many apps running slow or not responding. Safari not as fast as expected.
12 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

HuffPostEducation
Texas schools sue state over billions in funding
12 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
No "kiddie" food. RT Q5 What’s the top priority to improve school cafeteria? cc:
11 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
: Q4 Start small with your local school, network, learn, then to your ISD.
11 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Jess Dweck
Ron Paul could totally win if he were running for Ornery Old Man on Porch.
11 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
Halloween costumes are in progress. Brooke(4) will be Bat Girl, and Maddie (6) will be a Pop Star. I'm gonna be a zombie.
10 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Huffington Post
Can part-time vegetarianism help the planet?
10 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
So sad to see college players get severely injured on the field. The helmet leading hit on was terrible.
8 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Wendi Aarons
Austin bumper sticker: "If Rick Perry's The Answer, How Stupid's The Question?"
8 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
Brooke (4) says "darn man it!" instead of "damn it!" I'm SUCH an awesome mother!
8 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Maddie fell on this cactus while playing outside at the lake house. Teeny tiny needles all over her hands.
8 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Asked for an off menu sandwIch in the "Cowboy Capital of the World," Bandera, TX. The owners expression spoke a thousand words.
8 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Chronicle
Maybe would better serve American society if it focused less on how great it thinks it is:
7 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
Love that the dad's read it! Did u organize that?!RT : 27 Dad's read to almost 600 kids this morning ...
6 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Just contributed to the WORLD RECORD for at Coker ES in . Read Llama Llama Red Pajama !
6 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
My kids woke up at 4:00am excited for Read For The Record! I will be reading to 150 of their friends. U can 2 wegivebooks.org
6 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
What a classy move by www.apple.com. They are honoring Steve Jobs' life and contributions with his portrait on their website.
5 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Wheelie Gourmet
I'm sure a lot of you have school age kids. Let's try to put some pressure on our schools to offer more locally...
4 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
@
I'm loving the Mumford and Sons album.
4 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Don't give up! RT RT : Tough Sell for Healthy Fare in School Vending Machines:
3 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) asked what Ke$ha means by "I brushed my teeth with a bottle of Jack." We decided it was about using fluoride. Yea, that's it!
3 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Adam Savage
From Reddit, the most modern workplace sign EVER:
2 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by
»

Amanda_V
Delish samosas at ! They are one of the few trucks that have their act together this early!
2 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
At a party, and I am the ONLY woman who is not bilingual. I need to get back on my Rosetta Stone!
1 Oct Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Brooke (4) asks me to wiggle her loose tooth, then burps and laughs while I'm doing it. It's like her version of the "pull my finger" trick.

No comments: