Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Abs




Maddie has been coming home from school this week with a new found enthusiasm for her world. She's SO happy, silly happy, confident happy with a lust for life. Because she tends to be a tad on the moody side, I'm hoping this will last more than a few weeks.


I'd like to think it's because of the amazing lunches I've been packing for her instead of the garbage of a "school lunch" that is served daily. But...probably not. More on this later....



Maddie's after school care program consists gymnastics, tumbling, and cheer leading lessons. She attends everyday from 3:00-5:30ish. Maddie loves this place (but I worry about the too soon exposure to "big" kids who are a little too mature for my liking).


After a great evening together, she suddenly said, "Mom, my stomach hurts." I gave my usual response of "go poop" which seems to solve all the problems my kids could ever have.


Maddie: "No, not that kind of stomach ache. It only hurts when I lay down."



Me: "Uh, well, don't lay down then."


Maddie: "It only hurts, when I do this..." (She sits on the floor and begins to lay down, grimacing.)


Me: "Oh...."


Maddie: "And when I do this" (She attempts to sit up, and grimaces again).


Me: "Your abs hurt."


(Maddie gives me a blank stare. She's obviously never taken a Pilates class. Slacker.)


Me: "When you exercise too much or a lot, sometimes your muscles get tired and sore because they are growing and working hard. I think it's from all the gymnastics you've been doing the past three days. Your tummy muscles have been working hard. I can relate."



1 comment:

Michelle and Jack said...

I WISH I could relate! I am overdue for making my tummy hurt :)

Thanks for being my motivation, Maddie...aka Happy Girl!