Friday, July 01, 2011

Tweet! Tweet! June 2011

I'm not sure if Twitter is going to keep all my tweets forever and ever. Because they are often little snippets about my very glamorous and exciting daily life (and aren't good enough stories to make a blog post) with my family, I will preserve them on this blog monthly. Behold! June 2011



Amanda_V
I just witnessed a Flash Mob from my hotel room (10th floor) in Houston's CityCentre park!
30 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Today: Two planes, 3 taxis, 1 shuttle bus, 2 hotels, 2 cities. 100 degrees outside. Tired and likely germ infested.
29 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I got the 'ole x-ray picture and massage by a agent today. Sorta like being at a spa, but not really 'cause it was free!
29 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Where in Texas did u film the Wild Boar episode ? Is the problem state wide?
28 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I swam 625 yds today. Doesn't that sound like a lot? My friend, who is a comp swimmer, does more than that for warm up, but I'm still proud!
27 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Darya Pino
by Amanda_V
RT : Going viral! Young school girl's science experiment w/ organic vs. pesticide-treated potatoes.
27 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Breaking News
by Amanda_V
200 Methodist clergy in Illinois defy church on same-sex unions - Chicago Trib
26 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Big sister just recruited little sister to "shoo the bees away" while big sister collects rocks. Mafia in training?
26 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
DELISH! Added dash of cinnamon. RT Grilled Pear Bruschetta w Honey (photos by )
26 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
My new glass straw makes this smoothie taste awesomer.
25 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
This is 's dream come true. A kid who will play video games with him.
25 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
made us some soup! Salty! Also, u should buy his new album so he can afford a 2nd guitar. ♥
25 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Dollah fiddy, Dollah fiddy, Dollah fiddy, (SPOCK FINGERS!) How calculates a tip.
24 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Going to see tonight! I hear he won't be playing until 10:30. True?
24 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Austin rocks! RT Zero Packaging Grocery Store
24 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
TX loses funding due to dumb Republicans. RT Largest teacher merit pay system (TX) loses 90% of funding
24 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Steve Keating CSE
by Amanda_V
People can tell if you love what you do, they can also tell when you don't.
24 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Stuck in a rut.
24 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
This is my new motto. RT Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.
23 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»


Amanda_V
Bandera, TX is awesome! Go visit, y'all! RT Very nice article.
23 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
They do! I've seen them in Yoga Journal. See RT If they can make skorts, why can't they make skyoga pants?
23 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Dave Zinczenko
by Amanda_V
TOP 10 DIRTIEST FOODS: A shocking report about what you're eating:
23 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I finished Gravy. It was very well written . I'm impressed!
22 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Brooke had a dentist appt, and her "prize" was a Grill. I am not even joking:
22 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
RT New app idea: Everyone gets a unique set of numbers. Type those numbers into the app,you can speak to each other!
21 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I injured my texting thumb while peeling an orange. I might not be able to tweet anymore....oh, wait..I'm healed!
21 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Howard Murad, M.D.
by Amanda_V
If you have children, be firm about wearing SPF while at the beach or playing outside-sunburns increase skin cancer risks even in children
21 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Getting my car washed. Surely this will do the trick. It's my personal rain dance.
21 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

HuffPost Green
by Amanda_V
'Shocking' oceans report warns of impending mass extinction
20 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
My kids complained that my scratch made Banana Nut muffins had...Bananas and Nuts in them.
20 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I've lived in the same house for nearly 5 years, and I just missed the freeway exit.
19 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I purchased a Vinturi today. My mother will be beside herself with joy. I'm officially a grown up.
17 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Brooke (4) wore her panties crooked all day. She put the leg opening around her waist. ALL DAY. Ouch.
17 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

GOOD
by Amanda_V
Intermission: This inspiring lip dub video captures the entire high school experience in 11 minutes
17 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I'm a vegetarian, and no, I don't eat fish. RT Fish Farms and the Ecosystem.
17 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Summer Camp!? Isn't camp just for rich kids who live on the east coast?
17 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Michael Moore
by Amanda_V
How 'bout an all-female Congress? That might solve the problem.
16 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Cleaned out my work inbox (900 emails!). Created folder called "old emails never filed." My resume never said "Stellar organization skills."
16 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
According to my husband's () iTunes receipt, he just DL'd "Hungry Like The Wolf" to his iPod. Consider this a public flogging.
16 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Just saw A Piece of Work. She has an amazing story. How can a woman that talented not know how great she is?
15 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
@
yea! Can't wait for my little white box!
15 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Been a for 1 year, and today is my first cooking attempt of . It looks, cooks, smells like beef (ick!). Will I love my Lasagna?
15 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I'll settle this: Bare-in-steen. RT May leave my husband. Just discovered we say "Berenstain Bears" drastically different.
14 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
There is a wasp in my house!!!!
14 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

YouTube Trends
by Amanda_V
Trending: Jack and the Beanstalk- as told by a two year old
14 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

GOOD
by Amanda_V
Breaking Bread: Panera's Pay-What-You-Want Model Is Thriving
14 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Royal Blue Texas
by Amanda_V
"Too many Hispanic legislators" ... insulting Spanish speakers ... good Hispanic outreach today, Texas Republicans. Keep it up.
13 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I'm insulted Harris sounds like an idiot redneck. RT senator tells Spanish speaker"it's insulting to us"
13 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»
Amanda_V
Design by for Lake House water access. Who wants to be our laborer? Free beer!
12 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
wears Thai Baby shoes! ( and as my witnesses)!
12 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
What part of this photo tells you this is a Texas girl?
11 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Summer bugs and heat at the lake are nearly unbearable. Good thing brought a boat!
11 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

GOOD
by Amanda_V
Sorry, but you can't be an environmentalist and eat factory-farmed meat
10 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) saw a mineral makeup infomercial, & said "we should buy that stuff to make us prettier." Feminist fail + Marketing win = Sad mom.
10 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

HuffPost Green
by Amanda_V
Sea Shepherd activists head to Libyan waters to stop illegal fishing
10 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
At Maddie's dance recital. She performs in the 23rd act. I'm not even kidding! Look at the long program.
9 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I have a tiny cavity. Dentist suggested it wouldn't even need numbing to drill and fill. I suggested she might be crazy.
9 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
@
how long have you been a veg? Black beans, Lentils, quinoa are helpful to feel full. Some like soy meat like products. (Ick)
9 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Look what I just found on top of my running shoes! Why do they like shoes? Totally freaked out.
8 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Evan Williams
by Amanda_V
Running out of fish
8 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»


Amanda_V
For Mary (some go the wrong way, like Marcus!) RT California Surfing Dogs Video by SurfsUpStudios.com
8 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
My braggy post about the end of Maddie's Kinder year (with a world exclusive sappy video).
8 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I need to know why they go into the water fully clothed? No bathing suits in MS? RT Noodling video:
8 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
This is beautiful! Shuttle Endeavour docked at the Space Station
8 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Dan Smaida
by Amanda_V
"Enjoy in moderation" applies to things that will kill you, not love.
8 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
We made individual pizzas from scratch and homemade ice cream. It took forever, I'm exhausted. Next time, takeout!
7 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Rich Americans Have No Idea How Rich They Are ( stuff)
7 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Hey , did tell you he's been practicing his version of "I'm On A Boat" for this weekend? Don't let him down!
7 Jun Favorite Reply Delete




Laurie David
by Amanda_V
The point of factory farms is cheap meat but we pay the real price. Read:The High Cost of Cheap Meat
3 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

rob delaney
by Amanda_V
"Friday Night Lights" would be more realistic if everyone who wasn't playing football were morbidly obese.
5 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
My bestie is in the state of Texas, but I'm not with her. So sad that she didn't want me. ;)
5 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
OMG! Berry Bread Pudding! Winner! Crowdsourced Cookbook, Spring Edition ( stuff)
5 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
I ate . Kids had a blast! RT : with had .
4 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) is so annoyed by the "screaming and wild" kids at the neighborhood pool. She's like a grown up cranky old lady.
4 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
This is why my 6yo is in a dual language school. Hooray for brains! RT Being bilingual is good for your brain
3 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Education Week
by Amanda_V
Texas Eyes School Cuts, Big Changes to Funding Formula: Texas Gov. Rick Perry may or may not have his ...
3 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Oh ! My new Dhanurasana Crop's make my butt look like I do lunges all day long. Veronica @ The Quarry Market store is a rock star!
3 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»


Amanda_V
Plan ahead. RT : Q: What is your #1 piece of advice for new vegetarians?
2 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
This is so cool, and proves that I have so much to learn. SLR Camera Simulator via &
2 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
What is it with my kids and black eyes? Maddie (6) has a shiner after a hula hooping accident.
2 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Why does yoga sometimes make me cry?
2 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Brett
by Amanda_V
Jon Stewart was on fire last night over the Trump/Palin pizza summit. ON FIRE!
2 Jun Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Today is Maddie's last day of Kinder. I'm so proud of how much she's grown this year.
2 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
Great workout tips for men and women. RT Sweat This, Not That:
1 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
RT This month we are asking readers to go vegetarian for 30 days. Opt in by retweeting & we'll add you to our List.
1 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
This is awesome ! RT Girls DON'T rule the world. A feminist vlogger takes on the song:
1 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
doesn't care about San Antonio kids. He proved it by supporting a cut of $254 MILLION from our ISD's. Shame on you.
1 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»

Amanda_V
approved a $254 MILLION cut from San Antonio schools. We don't need an educated future workforce. Fend 4 yourselves, kids.
1 Jun Favorite Reply Delete
»



Amanda_V
My father-in-law has a pomegranate tree in his backyard. According to these prices, he'll be rich soon!
1 Jun Favorite Reply Delete

No comments: