Friday, June 03, 2011

Tweet! Tweet! May 2011

I'm not sure if Twitter is going to keep all my tweets forever and ever. Because they are often little snippets about my very glamorous and exciting daily life (and aren't good enough stories to make a blog post) with my family, I will preserve them on this blog monthly. Behold! May 2011



Amanda_V
My 6 yo daughter has a more heavily packed calender than I do over the next two weeks. End of Kinder events!
31 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I'm so obsessed with applying sunscrn to my kids. The worst insult you can say is "Wow! Looks like Brooke got a great tan this weekend."
31 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Moldy Gardens
30 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I'm hanging out in . Wanna play with us?
30 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
You must be in Texas! RT : Just saw a guy without a shirt and a handgun in the back of his pants.
30 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Stopped by Border Control at checkpt. I suggest to double check the ID of the 2 mini humans in the back seat. Not sure where they came from.
30 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Jezebel
by Amanda_V
How To Be A Vegetarian At A Barbecue
30 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

rob delaney
by Amanda_V
The results are back from the lab! Freckles multiply a girl's cuteness by a factor of 7.
30 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»


Amanda_V
@
beer snobbery happens in the mid-thirties after men figure out that they've been drinking crap beer, and can now splurge a bit.
29 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
From 4th floor room above the pool and hot tub, I can officially confirm what I thought happens, actually happens. Is chlorine strong enuf?
29 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I can't think of many things more disgusting than 12 people in a hot tub. Just thinking of what's in that water gives me the willies.
29 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Grandma Mary makes killer cookie brownies. That's all.
29 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Don't understand why people think it's fun to feed the seagulls. Stupid tourists-it's bad for them AND they'll poop on you!
29 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Spent the day on SPI at the beach with the girls' Grandpa, Grandma Mary, and Uncle Marcus! Maddie caught long waves on the boogie board!
28 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) just confused the term "free ball" with "free fall." "We need to be careful on our balcony so we don't free ball to the ground."
27 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Brooke thought the fireworks were to celebrate our vacay, actually it's a celebration of bedtime! Yea!
27 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Just watched a pizza delivery man walk to a dock, waited for a boat to pull up, and handed over his pizza. Ah, island life!
27 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
My beach bums!
27 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Ahm
by Amanda_V
SALES SEMINAR: 75% of "good salesmanship" is putting your needs above your customers'. 25% is pretending you're not doing that.
27 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Beach Bound, Baby!
27 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Just had happy hour with a customer who insisted on sitting outside. Um...it's a little hot:
26 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Jezebel
by Amanda_V
How To Know If You're Wearing A Dress
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Dave Zinczenko
by Amanda_V
EAT RIGHT RULE: The fewer the ingredients, the healthier the food.
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Just gave blood. Technician was impressed with my Iron level (45). She was surprised to hear I'm a . Powered by Spinach!
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
RT 30 PERCENT: The amount of extra fat burned from doing cardio after a weights session as opposed to cardio on its own.
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

HuffPost Politics
by Amanda_V
Freshman GOP rep keeping government health care 'because it's free,' reports
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Texas adds 732,800 jobs in 10 years; no other state tops 100,000 via
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Me too! Went by SO fast. Next stop HS graduation! RT I am NOT sitting here with tears in my eyes. My baby did not just finish K
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Are we Having Babies All Wrong? A Q&A With Legendary Midwife Ina May Gaskin
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) scolded Brooke (4) for "the house litter" she was leaving. Maddie is not a fan of clutter-just like her dad.
25 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Last night I made quinoa w/pine nuts and veggies. My children took a bite & actually liked it.I win at dinner (for the 1st time since 2004)!
24 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
The gender and racial disparity is sad. RT researchers analyze earnings based on 171 college majors:
24 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Good thing we still have Diego! RT Fortunately for my sanity, Dora has been picked up by the INS, sent back to Mexico, and...
24 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Amanda_V
A rabbit pulled up and ate my thyme and ½ a pepper plant. That sucker is gonna end up in a pot on my stove. I'll give up being a !
23 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
The A/C at my gym is broken, doors wide open, and it's 97 degrees outside with 110 percent humidity. This will be a short workout!
23 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Just ran over a box of NAILS that were scattered all over the road. Oh no!
23 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I'm such a gadget girl. What would I do without Twitter, my blog, email, youtube, my phone, an iPad? I'd probably get more work done!
23 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
We went go-cart racing, and is a cheater!
22 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Fast Company
by Amanda_V
In case you missed it: The Perfect (Wooden) Surfboard
21 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

GOOD
by Amanda_V
Why Twitter is a teacher's best tool
21 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
10,000 steps before 10am due to the 5k fun race I just ran!
21 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Our first 5k is complete! Zak and I finished, Maddie did 2/3 and Brooke completed 1/3 of the race.
21 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Running in my first 5k EVER today with husband and my kids! Gonna max out my pedometer today
21 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
So sad. RT "One in four children in the richest country in the world are in poverty."
20 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I have good memories of him from when I was a kid. RT Macho Man Randy Savage's Deadly Car Accident-
20 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) just declared 's 40 Dogs her "second least favorite song ever." I may disown her.
19 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Berries this size can only mean 3 things: they aren't organic, aliens have landed, or my hands are shrinking.
19 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Chronicle
by Amanda_V
U. of Florida aims to enroll 2,000 students who will only attend in the spring and summer:
19 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
My garden is producing veggies! Hot ass inedible habanero peppers (planted to ward off critters), but STILL! I grew veggies!
19 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Publishers Weekly
by Amanda_V
Amazon.com Now Sells More E-books than Print Books
19 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I imitated my kids whining and moaning when reading Llama Llama Red Pajamas tonight on Got their attention!
18 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Then says, "I told you to pick up my clothes from the dry cleaner yesterday!"
18 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I stopped by to pick up dry cleaning (I'm so sweet!) and saw this sign on the locked doors.
18 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Brooke (4): When I grow up, I don't want to be a Monster Truck, I want to be a LADY Monster Truck.
18 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

HuffPost Politics
by Amanda_V
Newt Gingrich hit with glitter at book-signing
17 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
ACL Festival is sold out already?!? Who got tickets?
17 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Friday? 3 day is sold out. RT Single-Day Tickets On-Sale Now >> <<
17 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
responded to my concern quickly and efficiently. THAT is how a great company can create loyalty via social media!
17 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
My new battery recharger is making popping and sizzling noises while charging! Battery juice is leaking.
17 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Just got my pedometer ! 3500+ steps before 9AM! Where u at VH's? Get ready! We start this week!
17 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

GOOD
by Amanda_V
Is it cheaper to be vegan, vegetarian, or a meat eater?
17 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) can read in English! Not sure how b/c I didn't teach her, and her kinder teacher only taught her to read Spanish.
16 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Don't worry. I'm sure you weren't on camera. RT (Walking quickly away from what just happened at the coffee bean grinding stat
16 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Brooke has a shiner. Collided with another kid on the playground. Delivered some Tylenol and kissed the owie.
16 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Any plans to be iPad friendly ? I love the books & donations, but hate to lug my laptop in bed with my kiddos every night.
16 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
@
I think this has more to do with Maeda's decision making than his tweeting. Tweet away, Presidents! RT -->
16 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Dan Rockwell
by Amanda_V
Limiting gratitude to exceptional behaviors creates negative work environments.
16 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I sliced my finger with a dull knife on Sat, and it still hurts. Maybe I should have cut it with a new knife (but might have lost finger!)?
16 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Why has spammy "lockerz.com" taken over my twit pics? how do I go back?
15 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) and Brooke (4) had their first slumber party last night at the lake. The grown ups actually slept too!
15 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
RT : Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt. Develop software like the end user has your home address.
13 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
5 Smart-Ass Answers to 5 Dumb-Ass Questions About RT
13 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I'm very jealous (and still mad) that got to see today "for a work event." ☹
13 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Today was Brooke's "Growing Up Celebration!" She did a great job. Pics and video to follow on blog soon.
13 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
At an outdoor restaurant, Brooke (4) finds a water faucet, turns it on, soaks herself while other diners watch with amusement (& horror!)
12 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Love it! RT Llama Llama Red Pajama Selected as book for Jumpstart’s Read for the Record
12 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»


Amanda_V
RT Business & Booze: Happy Hour Etiquette via
12 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Maddie, "Hey Dad! Look at my hair! I look like a teenager!" (It is in a ponytail)
12 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

»

Amanda_V
We have active wasp nests on both sides of our garage door. It's like my very own "welcome back home" committee!
11 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Did have anything to do with this? Very suspicious! RT : Peahen (Female Peacock) Escapes From The Bronx Zoo
11 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Also, the perfect job. RT An opportunity is having the most positive impact while experiencing the most personal enjoyment.
11 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
"We define ourselves as a nation of immigrants — a nation that welcomes those willing to embrace America's ideals." RT
10 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
RT : A majority of the nation's principals say universities are not producing the teachers they need:
10 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I can't quit you ! My habit is getting very expensive.
10 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»


Amanda_V
Both of my kids, during separate incidents, told me I was a terrible mom, and they hated me. Does this mean I'm doing it right?
9 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I just saw this on my street. What in the world!?
9 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Sounds like an awesome Mother's Day! RT I am currently outside, alone, with a drink and my book. What is this?
8 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
RT Mom loves the child best who brings her Nutella! :)
8 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»


Amanda_V
Way to go Texas! We're the biggest pigs! ! RT This is how sausage is made (as an infographic)
7 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Ah, the good 'ole days! RT : Remember when you didn't really know anyone on Twitter and could tweet anything?
7 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Hanging out and getting veggies at the farmers mrkt!! ♥ RT Thank you San Antonio for supporting your local farmers & ranchers.
7 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
After 18 years, I'm still at my very most happy awesomest feeling sitting next to . Date night!
6 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Dirt is all over the floor. Maddie says my mothers day present is to blame. "don't peek, but it starts with a FL..."
6 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Maddie (6) made a mess, then asked me if I was "going to fire her."
6 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
needed a white sheet for a "toga costume" to take to work today. Sounds like not very much "working" will be going on.
6 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Velvet Hammer's use Twitter power! Follow and tweet to be added to the GCC participant list! My captain:
6 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Taking the family to see a play- Pippi Longstocking!
5 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I just Rick-Sax Rolled (he taught me how yesterday!). Awesome -->
5 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Dear 16 yo me and my kids--->
5 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Moroccan Cannon: The most dangerous cannon in the glitter butterfly arsenal. RT
5 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I don't need to know anything about secret missions, helicopters, or teams of our military. Neither do you, or any bad dudes watching TV.
5 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Brooke wore an old "Big Sister" t-shirt of Maddie's today. She didn't get why that is the LAST rumor I want going around.
4 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
An accordian file? Too tech-y of a tip for me! RT Tech Tip of the Day - Keep your warranties and manuals in an accordian folder
3 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Does your Grandma drive a convertible? Maddie's and Brooke's Nina does!
3 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

»
Amanda_V
My mom rented a convertible Mustang, but is too short to see over the wheel and reach the pedals. She had to sit on my trunk stock (books).
3 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
That MLK Jr. quote you've been reading on Facebook about Bin Laden's death is a fake. Use these instead. RT
3 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Details hurt salespeople too! RT : Getting buried in details buries leaders.
3 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
This is an amazing story: "One unwary phone call led US to bin Laden doorstep"
3 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Did u know remembers your takeout order from the last time u called in? Now THAT is great service!
2 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
I just hacked 's blog. Do you think she'll notice?
2 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
'Surfing Madonna' mosaic draws attention in Encinitas via
2 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Osama Bin Laden is dead says .
1 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Obama may announce that Prince William got married this week.
1 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Amanda_V
Is the Pope is getting a facial or eyebrow wax or teeth whitening? Mani/Pedi?
1 May Favorite Retweet Reply
»


Amanda_V
You know the sticker that is on a piece of fruit? Just watched a lady look at it, then bite into the apple--sticker and all. Swallowed.
1 May Favorite Retweet Reply

No comments: