Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Madison finishes Kinder

Dear Madison, my baby, you just finished Kindergarten last week. I'm so proud of you! It seems like just yesterday when I was so anxiously excited for you to begin your adventure.




FINISHED KINDERGARTEN.


Because you were enrolled in a Dual Language program, you can speak Spanish now. Instead of telling people you can speak Spanish, you like to act all superior and say you're bilingual.



SHE LEARNED TO READ, WRITE, AND SPEAK SPANISH IN ONE SCHOOL YEAR!


In your spare time, you also taught herself how to read in English.



BY HERSELF.


The last 9 months has been the most dramatic growth for you since your first nine months. Your intellectual, social, and emotional skills have far surpassed what I was expecting. Not only do you look like a different child, but you speak and behave like one too. (Please ease up on the sass!).


I'm looking forward to watching you continue to blow my mind every year as you find your way in this world, make your own choices, and turn into a beautiful woman.





(First Day of Kindergarten)





(Last week of Kindergarten)


I put together this little video so you can remember all the awesome things you did this year.







You are the one, and I'm telling the world.

I love you,

Mama

3 comments:

Michelle and Jack said...

Go Maddie! You rock, beautiful girl!

francie said...

you made me cry!! I love this. good work mama

Grandma Mary said...

Maddie,you are amazing. And so are your parents.