Monday, June 20, 2011

Guilt

I got frustrated with Madison tonight because she kept ignoring me after repeated requests to get ready for bed.


She cried a bit after I told her she was going to lose bedtime privileges (books), then came upstairs. After she went to bed, I saw the project she was working on. She left it for me on the kitchen table:



It's like a kick in the gut. One of these days I'll learn to be more patient with my daughters...especially this sensitive one.



Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Michelle and Jack said...

My mouth is hanging open...because she is writing in CURSIVE!!! That girl is a sponge, and so incredibly intelligent!

Amanda said...

I forgot about the cursive part. Maddie's friends showed her cursive writing, but it was not quite right. I printed some cursive worksheets from the internet so she could see how each letter is formed and connected to the next. That is part of the reason why she was taking forever and ignoring me--perfecting her cursive.

On a side note, I'm not sure why kids even learn cursive anymore. I think they learn in 3rd grade in my school district. I'd much rather she learn to type instead.

Shannon said...

Ummm - her cursive is a lot better than many adults that I know. She's one amazing little lady...wonder where she gets that? Btw - who knew Zak had such LONG legs :)