Friday, April 01, 2011

Tweet! Tweet! March 2011

I have no idea why this post is a long run on sentence. I've been blogging for 6 years, and am as clueless as always...... I'm not sure if Twitter is going to keep all my tweets forever and ever. Because they are often little snippets about my very glamorous and exciting daily life (and aren't good enough stories to make a blog post), I will preserve them on this blog monthly. Behold! March 2011 I have a bug bite just below my right eyebrow. It's swollen and looks like I took a left hook. I'm really not as tough as I look. 30 Mar RT @ If you're the smartest person in the room, your organization is dumb. Yes! RT @ Yoga makes everything better. 29 Mar » RT @ A lot of people are asking how I can tweet with no access to a computer or fingers. Ever heard of an iPhone? Duh. 29 Mar » Brooke too!! Must be a full moon. RT @ Maddie (6) got sent to the Principal's Office for talking and not following directions. Ugh. 28 Mar Maddie (6) got sent to the Principal's Office today for talking and not following directions. Ugh. 28 Mar The Romany Rye sounds like my kinda music. Ever heard them @? 28 Mar I got last minute tix to Cirque du Soleil for Madison. They're floor, front row center. I'm so lucky! 27 Mar Feeling guilty we didn't take Maddie to Cirque du Soleil. She would have loved it. Maybe I'll get tix and take her tomorrow. 26 Mar I'm at Cirque Du Soleil: Dralion with @. We left the kids at home because we're mean parents like that. 26 Mar Brooke (4) finishes her dinner, gets up and says, "toots and farts!" Walks away as if that was a replacement for "thanks for dinner!" 25 Mar I work hard on this! RT @ Not "remembering" a person's name after you hear it is not a memory problem, it is a listening problem. 25 Mar Maddie's so excited about her kindergarten field trip to the zoo, she woke up a 3:30am and got dressed. Me: not so excited, also sleepy. 25 Mar RT @: Nothing is ever wrong. We learn from every step we take. Whatever you did today was the way it was meant to be. Be proud. 24 Mar We short people have a great perspective on life; we are always looking up! RT @ 24 Mar I love being married to @. He's awesome! 24 Mar Amazing photography! RT @ She asked them to pose exactly as they did in their childhood photos. 23 Mar I just did a nice (and simple) thing for my customer, and her gratitude was remarkable. She'll be my advocate forever. 23 Mar Focusing on what you can't do well won't get you there. Leverage your strengths not your weaknesses. RT @ 23 Mar The most adorable thing you will see all day via @ 22 Mar At parent/teacher conference: "Maddie adds the spice into my classroom." 22 Mar Gah. Teenage girls are so annoying. I can't believe I'll be living with two of them in less than 10 years. 22 Mar Kinder science homework. Maddie told me that clouds "pee out the rain." 21 Mar That's my fav dinner! RT @ Boyfriends working late so that means I'm having breakfast for dinner &lazy 21 Mar My kiddo is enjoying @ ! In addition to reading skills, she's learning keyboarding! 21 Mar I spend about $20/week on apples. I think I should get some treatment for that addiction. 20 Mar Maddie made a massage table out of rocks and sticks and is giving free massages. Shockingly, she only had a few customers. 20 Mar OMG, shame on us! RT @ Each Tomahawk cruise missile costs $1 million. US launched 100+ against targets.You do the math. 20 Mar “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” - Rosalynn Carter RT @ 20 Mar Just discovered BBM. Love it! Why have you kept this secret from me? 19 Mar Yum! RT @: Just downed a growler full of Porter from Fredericksburg Brewery with @ at the lake house. 19 Mar Living with a 4yo is probably a lot like living with a monkey except that monkeys aren't sassy and my 4yo doesn't (usually) throw poo. 19 Mar Spent an awesome day with Zak touring wineries and breweries. Followed by dinner with old college friends we haven't seen in years. 18 Mar If life gives you lemons, make lemonade, but if life gives gives you limes, make margaritas! --Jimmy Buffet. RT @ 18 Mar Thanks to @ for my awesome present! Sending loves and four leaf clovers your way. Mwah! 17 Mar Japanese nuclear worker: "I am prepared to die to avoid meltdown." Say it with me--I will not complain about my job today. RT @ 17 Mar I should be an "ariel wine artist." According to a billboard, there's only 1 in Texas, and this is a BIG state. 17 Mar Who knows why @ has a band-aid on his head? 16 Mar Brooke (4) knows Lady Gaga is the "one with the white hair." Maddie (6) knows a Justin Bieber song. 16 Mar » will be great in vodka. Other than making drinks and pucker faces, what other things should we do with them? 15 Mar Maddie just ate her first Kumquat. Those are sour little puppies! 15 Mar Drinking . I'm really not sure what it is (healthy?). I did confirm it's non-alcoholic (sorta). Anyone know? 15 Mar Just discovered that Maddie's secret talent is staring. At six, she can win any staring contest! 14 Mar My company just matched my donation for tsunami disaster relief. (My kids also donated!). Check to see if your biz will match. 14 Mar Hoping Zak won't get arrested/ticketed. Is it illegal to drive with leaves? Let's just say we're composting the earth. 13 Mar I'm a fantastic salesperson! Zak just agreed to drive around w/a truckload of leaves! Must give credit to my dad who taught me that trick. 13 Mar Just raked a mountain of leaves. Not quite sure what to do with them. @ vetoed my idea to put them in the truck bed and drive. 13 Mar Wondering why @ withdrew $200 for a poker game that has $20 buy ins. Either plans to lose often or play big. Hoping for the latter. 12 Mar Zak bought another patio set because the 5 other sets we have are not what he's "looking for" (aka are dirty). 12 Mar RT @ Dramatic images from before and after the Japan earthquake. Video: 12 Mar First time bowling. 12 Mar RT @: Expectation is a powerful attractive force. Expect the things you want and don't expect the things you don't want. 12 Mar In the past 12hrs I've dropped & shattered a wine glass & knocked over a mug of coffee. Ya think the universe is telling me to slow down? 12 Mar I'm a damn good cook. Too bad my kids haven't noticed yet. 11 Mar Brooke (4) asks, "Why does Sleeping Beauty have boobs?" 11 Mar Girls are watching Bugs Bunny for the first time. @ knows every single word, and claims to have not seen an episode in 25 years. 11 Mar Brooke (4) at dance class. Uber focus. 11 Mar The videos of Japan are shocking. Another reminder of what's important--people and your family--not "stuff." 11 Mar When anyone tells me I can't do anything, I'm just not listening any more.- Florence Griffith Joyner (RT @) 11 Mar My mole biopsy was normal, but my scar is 10X the size of the mole and now looks like I was burned with a cigar. Thanks, dermatologist! 10 Mar You are valid. You are valuable. You are miraculous. Do NOT let someone else determine your worth. 10 Mar Brooke (4) says "MmmmmKay" in a very SNL sorta way when she is asked to do something. 10 Mar Maddie (6) just said "Bring it!" In the correct context--competition. She's her mother's daughter! 9 Mar RT @: "When you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail" (for @) 9 Mar Women perform 66% of the world's work, earn 10% of world's income and own 1% of the world's property www.weareequals.org RT @ 9 Mar RT @: As a nation, we have a moral and economic imperative to give every child the chance to succeed. 9 Mar We're using @ for a reading contest in my daughter's Kinder class. They'll donate a book to charity for each one we read! 8 Mar Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. - Helen KellerRT @ 8 Mar Maddie (6) just did her Kinder homework using my iPad. She translated words from English to Spanish using an app. 8 Mar F We saw H-E-Buddy yesterday at #39. Maddie got 4 Buddy Bucks from him! RT @: Happy 11th birthday H-E-Buddy! 7 Mar RT @: If you've never lied to your children. You don't have children. 7 Mar Bought a bed for Brooke today. Buying a bed is like buying a car. It's all negotiable, and I love to haggle with sales people! 6 Mar One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. -Lucille Ball 5 Mar @ is going a little bit crazy with iTunes. That boy loves his music. 5 Mar @ have fun! Tell the boys I said hello. 4 Mar Maddie (6) wants to name her future children Derrick and Sally. 4 Mar In life you are either a passenger or a pilot, it's your choice. -Unknown RT @ 4 Mar I think that Twitter is perfect... SQUIRREL!!!!!!... for us people with short attention spans 4 Mar I have 4 tix to the vs basketball game tonight, but can't find a babysitter! 4 Mar “Life is too short to waste a single second with anyone who doesn’t value you.” 3 Mar I had a suspicious mole removed today from my leg-getting biopsied. Dr says it's genetic & early sun exposure. Thanks, MOM! 2 Mar Maddie fell off the monkey bars while hanging upside down today at school. Landed on her face and scratched it up. Ouch. 2 Mar Authentic leaders have the courage to do what most people are simply afraid to do. 2 Mar Why do women have to be so mean to other women? And we wonder why "Mean Girls" thrive in schools! They learn from their moms! 1 Mar No more talk. Gimme ACTION. 1 Mar

No comments: