Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Swarovski crystals

Every year since Maddie's birth, my dad and Susan have given us the annual Swarovski Christmas Ornament. After Brooke was born, we started getting two. They are so absolutely beautiful and precious to me that I don't let the girls go near them. I always hang them at the very top of the tree, and every year Maddie begs to hold one or hang it. Because I'm a terrible and mean mother, I never let her.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm ever going to give them to the girls. I should make some sort of rule before they can get them...perhaps it's when they purchase their first house....?...when I die...?...when they have a child...?

This year, to defray the "I wanna touch them" argument, I hung all eight of our crystals in the window off of our formal living room. The light catches the ornaments and produces "sparkles" all over the room.

These crystals are one of my most favorite holiday traditions. Thanks Dad and Susan!


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: