Monday, October 15, 2007

It's an ear infection

Who knew that ear infections made you throw up? The doctor said that Brooke may actually have two different illness...a stomach bug and an ear infection. When the doctor looked at Brooke's left ear she made an audible gasp and said, "her ear is full of pus." Oddly enough, the other ear is totally fine. Brooke never had a fever or showed any signs of an ear infection.

The doctor asked if there have been any changes in environment or diet in the last week or two. I haven't written about it here, but Brooke transitioned to daycare last week (because I got a job!). So she was there for a few hours for four days last week to adjust before going full time.

It's not uncommon for kids to get sick when they start at daycare (the other kids, caretakers, new germs, etc). According to my overly dramatic doctor, "kids who stay at home get sick 10-12 times per year and those that go to daycare can expect to double or even triple that. Sometimes I see the same child every week or two." Well if that is not a way to induce mother's guilt, I don't know what is!

I was supposed to start my new job today, but I put it off until next Monday. I don't really like to blog about what we do for work, so for those of you who want more details can give me a call. It is similar to my last job in higher education. I anticipate it will be very rewarding on all fronts.

1 comment:

Nina said...

Ear Infections can happen very fast in babies!! Give her a kiss and hugs from "Nina" One for you also and the Madster and Zak!!!