Friday, September 21, 2007

Trip to Houston


We drove to Houston last Friday to see some friends and go to the Texas Tech vs. Rice football game. We stayed with Jason and Caroline (and their dog Belle) for two nights. Maddie had a love/hate relationship with the dog. She wanted to know where she was at all times, but didn't necessarily want the dog to be near her or walk by the vicinity in which she was standing. She also liked to boss Belle around, like she does to everyone.

Um, and yes, Belle is modeling her Halloween pumpkin costume that she will be wearing next month. She also has another one!

It was HOT HOT HOT on GameDay, but oddly it was only 92 degrees. It felt like 102 and I could practically smell my flesh cooking even though I had on SPF 45. We had a great time at the game and got to see some old friends and meet some new ones. The Girls stayed with a nanny of some new friends (who have kids the exact same ages). Maddie had a blast playing with her new friend who had an EXTENSIVE toy room with endless entertainment options. Zak and I were gleefully grateful for the time away.




The day before (Friday) Maddie was the sassiest, most unpleasant child known to man. I was frustrated and embarrassed by her behavior. This photo represented the best part of that day I spent with her. Yes, she's asleep, and therefore not sassing me:



While we were in Houston, we also saw Zak's grand parents, LaWanda and Eddie, who had never met Maddie or Brooke. Madison wasn't in the mood to pose for pictures, although she was well behaved. I only got this one photo of Maddie and Brooke with their great grandmother.


Brooke, on the other hand, was a cuddle bug and snuggled closely with her great grandma for the majority of our short visit.



I took some other good photos with my cell phone camera, but cannot figure out how to download them to my computer. Even when reading the directions. I've done it before! Ug.

1 comment:

francie said...

Thank goodness y'all made it. Hopefully next time y'all can venture even further south to the G-Rock.