Friday, September 07, 2007

Pediatric Cardiologist

The cardiologist appointment yesterday went well, thank goodness!

Brooke had an EKG (done by the medical assistant) and was examined by the doctor for about 5 minutes. She was a trooper and tolerated the TEN stickers and wires placed all over her chest with an amused curiosity. She even smiled and laughed for the doctor, who was fantastic with her. As diagnosed by the nurse practitioner at her pediatrician's office, she has an innocent heart murmur (level 1-2). Nothing to worry about.

She requires no follow-up or medication. The doctor predicted she will out grow it like most children do.

Just like my gut told me, she's a healthy little monkey. I'm fortunate to have the ability to get these things checked out just to make sure my gut feeling is correct.

As previously told, my 20% fee was $250 (and I may be billed for more). The total bill will probably be $1500. That, my friends, is about $300 a minute.

Ahhh, American health care at its finest. Stay healthy...

2 comments:

schuss3 said...

Glad to hear that all went well...it's a reality check, though. Makes you feel real grateful!

By the way...your haircut is adorable. It doesn't need to be long to be cute!

Anonymous said...

Great News!!