Tuesday, June 12, 2007

First Haircut

Madison has the finest, thinnest blonde hair that does nothing except go forward into her eyes. There is not much I can do to make it go back, and it's not heavy enough to go to the side yet.


A few months ago, Grandma Mary, gave Maddie her first haircut with real haircutting scissors, not the kitchen scissors that I would use to hack up her bangs. Mary snuck up behind Maddie, grabbed her bangs and chopped them off in a split second, and she was also able to trim the sides a bit.




Just last week I took Maddie to a real "sit in the chair and be still salon" to see if they had any suggestions. The hairdresser recommended to just keep letting it grow and it will eventually begin to fall to the sides. She told me to stop cutting it because I was making it worse...well, she didn't say those words, but that's what she meant.



We had a lot of fun getting the cut. Maddie was so excited! I told her it would tickle so she laughed the whole time. The before and after shots are not much different. We basically just trimmed it up. Thank goodness it was only nine bucks, or I would have been annoyed!


I'm trying a new thing where I embed the video directly into my posts. It should appear below...let's see if it works. If not, watch the video here.





No comments: