Tuesday, June 05, 2007

4 months

Dear Brooke,
You are four months old! You have had a busy month. We had your first professional photos taken (above) and you went to the beach! While you didn't even get out of your car seat, and barely kept your eyes open, you appeared to...er, have fun?

Even though you were in your car seat, in the shade, with a blanket over your seat blocking the sun, I still covered you with SPF 50. That' is what a good mama I am how much I care about your skin.

You had you four month check up last week and weighed in at 12 lbs, 7 oz. and are 23 inches long. You had one bazillion shots and you made sure I was the one who felt the pain with your fussiness after the next 48 hours.


When strangers ask how old you are, they are surprised to learn you're just four months old. Apparently, you look much bigger, and you also seem very big to me too. However, you are in the 30% for weight and 15% for height. That is pretty little, but big enough to give me a back ache when you are in this contraption...


You've got the strongest little legs, and can support your weight with just a little help from us to balance you to be sure you don't fall into the sink.


Just last week you moved into your own room, which we've nearly finished decorating. This means you are no longer making monkey noises in my ear all night long. You are still, however, making those same monkey noises in the baby monitor all night long only now I can't reach you to shove the pacifier in your mouth. The transition into your own room has been not as smooth as I hoped. I thought that you would sleep much sounder on your own (without having to listen to your dad snore all night). You are back to waking up every 3 hours to eat/annoy me. You are perfectly capable of sleeping at least six hours in a row because you've done it before, and I really, really want you to keep trying.


In addition to the waking up in the middle of the night more than you should problem, you're not much of a napper. You take puny little 45 minute cat naps, but only twice a day if I'm lucky! Occasionally you'll doze off in the car or after nursing for one of these naps, so I get absolutely nothing done all day long. Sleep is a wonderful thing, baby, trust me!


I love, love, love how much you like to play with your sister. It is the cutest thing. You look at her with absolute adoration and she can always make you laugh. Sometimes you two just stare at each other and burst into giggles. I'm sure there will be years of this type of sweetness, as well as years of me hearing, "Mom! She's looking at me!" I tell Maddie, "Sisters are forever and ever" just to remind her that you two will always have each other.

loves,
Mama


3 comments:

francie said...

Have I told you lately that I love you Brooklyn. That first picture is just the sweetest little thing I have seen in a long time. Happy 4 months. You have so much to learn from Madison. I can't wait to see you again.

love,
aunt francie

Anonymous said...

absolutely precious.
Angi

Amy said...

so adorable